Become an Advocate
The JCRC promotes legislative advocacy in support of Israel on the local, state,
and federal levels and coordinates response to media at public events. Below are suggested action steps YOU can take to become an Israel advocate:
- STAY INFORMED - Sign up for the JCRC Israel e-update for background information, analysis and notice of local Israel-related events. Click here to see a list of news sources.
- INFORM OTHERS - Talk to friends, colleagues and neighbors. Send them articles that are short and to the point. Engage them on the issue and explain why it is important to you.
- CONTACT YOUR LEGISLATORS to encourage support for a secure and safe Israel and to thank those who support Israel.
- GET INVOLVED LOCALLY – Attend Israel-related events in the St. Louis area. To find out more about upcoming events sign up for JCRC Israel e-update or check our calendar or other local community calendars (Jewish in St. Louis, St. Louis Jewish Light).
- RESPOND TO THE MEDIA - If you believe that a local newspaper, radio or TV station reported news about Israelunfairly or incorrectly, call or write the news organization with your feedback. Contact the JCRC if you need assistance. Follow the link to find out how to write a letter to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- SUPPORT THE ISRAELI ECONOMY – Buy Israeli Products, Invest in Israeli companies. Watch Youtube at
- KEEP IN TOUCH with friends and family in Israel.
- TRAVEL TO ISRAEL - Travel to Israel is important now more then ever. Click here to find more information on upcoming trips to Israel.
For more information on how you can take part, contact the JCRC.